Our Annual General Meeting was a great event!
Our Past Presidents! Andy Hannaford, Lesley Taylor, Ted Rosen, Judy Quillin and Ben Lawson
Our annual AGM was a successful evening, with a nice balance of 'taking care of business' to approve the Annual Report and electing of new board, and the fun social component of appetizers and awards.
Guest speaker Steve Fleck gave a great talk on the history of triathlons in Ontario, our current role in it, and where it may be headed in the future.
We heard from outgoing President Ted Rosen, Nigel Grey from NRG PT, and announced awards for Member of the Year, Community Awards, and 'Best Photo' contest. A plaque was presented by the current board to the 5 past Presidents (seen above) as a way to commemorate the young history of our club.
Congrats to those who won:
- Member of the Year - Caroline Irvine
- Community Award - Annette Carling for assistance with the club swim programs
- Community Award - Barbara Goss for ongoing promotion of club through spirit and attendance at clinics and races
- Community Award - John Hughes for coordinating the winter rides
- Community Award - Michael Liberzon for coordinating the Lake Wilcox rides
- Best Photo Contest - Linda-Kay Richards
Big thanks to our sponsors Absolute Endurance, EnduroSport, H.E.A.L and NRG PT for providing raffle and award prizes and Whistler's for hosting us for a fantastic evening!