Join us Thursday May 1, 2013 at 7pm at EnduroSport
Sport Psychology with Dr Leith Drury
- How to push through the pain at the end of the race,
- How to build confidence and believe in your abilities/ trust your training would be good.
- Mantra’s and power words.
- How much impact the brain has over the body to fight through pain, adverse conditions, etc
- Enhancing performance through mental training
- The psychology of performance
- Breaking through training slumps
About Leith Drury:
Leith Drury has a private high performance sport psychology coaching practice in Toronto. As a world champion age-group triathlete with a doctorate in sport psychology, she has studied, trained, and lived high performance and greatly enjoys learning and coaching in the world of sport. Leith coaches athletes to maximize their performance potential and engages with coaches and business executives to enhance the impact of their leadership. Dr. Drury has worked with athletes who have won Olympic gold medals, been Paralympians, and with teams who have become CIS champions. Her Sport clients also include many developmental athletes in a wide variety of both individual and team sports. She coaches business executives from the private, public, and not-for profit sectors.
For the past eight years, Dr Drury has been a learning facilitator in the Leadership Effectiveness area of the Advanced Coaching Diploma at the Canadian Sport Institute, Ontario. Her research interests explore the impact of emotional intelligence on performance and leadership.
Dr. Drury is currently the Sport Psychology Consultant and Lead of the Integrated Support Team with the eight Ryerson Rams Varsity Teams at Ryerson University.