Spring Speed Tune-Up Clinic - 5 weeks
Saturday March 23, April 6, 13, 20, 27
Time: 11:30am-approximatley 12:45pm
East York CI OUTDOOR Track.
Coach: Kevin Smith – Head Coach, Marathon Dynamics
Cost: $105 ($19 per week + HST).
About the clinic
Do you want to do the right kind of work on your running to improve that part of your triathlon or duathlon for the coming summer? Then JOIN US!
You’ll enjoy weekly motivation and support in a coached small group environment. And if you’ve never had a proper track workout, then this clinic will show you the essentials of a proper warm up, drills and striders.
- Weekly intensity workouts prepared for you based on your recent racing results, or start up 1 mile test.
- Suggestions for other weekly run workouts (Not a full personalized run coaching program)
- Real time analysis and feedback on pacing, running form and psychology at workouts.
- Weekly Intensity work-out results emails to help you monitor your progress & update your log
- "Mix & Match" privileges - can't make your regular group workout? No problem. Give us 24hrs+ notice and you can join in any other MDI coaching group that week
- Opportunity to join in any MDI group run (Bayview-Thursday’s 6am, High Park- Friday’s 6am, and LSD on Sunday’s at High Park- 8am)
What previous attendees said:
I have never had any formal run training, not even with a running room clinic! So when I heard the TTC organized a running clinic I was one of the first to jump on board and I'm excited that we might be able to extend the clinic another 5 weeks. We had a great group of runners at all levels; some really fast, some not so fast, some middle of the packers, but generally you had one or two people running your pace to keep you company as well as on pace. We all received a customized training plan from marathon dynamics and each Saturday morning we had a coach intensity session. Without a doubt, working with the marathon dynamics coaches will make me a stronger and faster running. There is still time to come join us for 5 more weeks - and to all of those who said to me "but I'm not a good runner" - this clinic isn't for "good runners", it's for all of us and it will make you a better runner (or at least it will make doing high intensity speed work more fun!). Not only will Barry and I continue with the extension of this clinic, I will continue to work with marathon dynamics to improve my running!- Linda Kay
Kevin Smith is the President of Marathon Dynamics. Kevin is a NCCP-Certified Running Coach with over 15 years experience coaching runners at every level. Kevin is an accomplished runner for almost 30 years with Personal Bests of 30:46(10K), 1:12 (Half Marathon) & 2:42 (Marathon...at 42 yrs old). Kevin has even dabbled in Triathlon in the past. Marathon Dynamics was also featured in a recent iRun Magazine article: http://www.irun.ca/blog/index.php/personalized-coaching-based-on-your-running-history/