T1, T2 and everything in between! Are you new to the sport and are still unsure how to set up your transition area? Or are you looking to save a few seconds or even minutes off your triathlon time? This transition clinic will teach you how to set up your transition area in order to get from swim to bike and bike to run as quickly as possible! Bring your swim, bike and run gear and practice these valuable skills. The group will be divided into an inexperienced and experienced group based on your background and your goals.
- What to bring (race day checklist handout)
- How to lay out your transition area
- Getting a lay of the land - know your exits/entrances
- T1 swim to bike: exiting water, removing wetsuit, exiting T1
- T2 bike to run - racking your bike and getting out of T2 quickly
- To attach your shoes to pedals or not?
- How (and when) to mount/dismount your bike
The meeting place for this clinic will be on the EAST side of Cherry Beach, in the grassy area just north of the bike path. Look for the TTC flags! Please arrive a few minutes early so that we can start promptly at 6:30.