Our weekly Wednesday coached OWS sessions are back and they are one of the TTCs premium benefits to our members. We had over 50 athletes out last week! Now that OWS season is here, we have a few rules and guidelines to help make the evening run smoothly with so many participants.
1. Sign up. We require you to sign up weekly to secure your spot and to make our check in process more efficient. If you arrive at the beach and you have not signed up online we will not be able to check you in until we have checked in all others.
2. Arrive Early. It takes time to put on your wetsuit and get changed and checked in. Arriving at 6:25pm will delay your entry to the water and you’ll likely miss some key instructions from the coach. You will be given your TTC OWS latex swim cap on July 12th. Please bring it with you each week for practice. If you do not attend on July 12th please see the volunteer or coach at check in to receive one. Please only take one swim cap over the course of the season.
3. Check In. Please find the volunteer coordinator for check-in on the lake-side of the change station at Cherry Beach. Check-in will commence by 6:15pm on most days. Please be patient. There is only one volunteer and many of you. We need to know who enters the water as part of our insurance plan.
4. See Coach by 6:30pm. After checking in with the volunteer, please proceed to the beach, west side of the lifeguard station to see Miranda and our group leader for pre-swim instructions and review of the workout. Each week Coach Miranda will be working on a different skill set. For a complete list of skills that will be covered visit https://www.torontotriathlonclub.org/page-1570799. If you arrive late, please wait until Miranda had given all the instructions and the practice has started before asking what you missed.
5. Be Respectful. There are a few other groups at Cherry Beach on Wednesday nights which results in a lot of people and sometimes some confusion. We are all there to train and have fun, so please follow the rules.
6. Splash N Dash events. Lastly on July 12, Aug 9 and Aug 30th, TTC is running a series of timed Splash N Dash (Swim/Run event). If you want to participate please sign up on the website. Volunteers are always welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact our Training Director Linda-Kay at Training@torontotriathlonclub.org
Linda Kay Richards
Toronto Triathlon Club