Toronto Triathlon Club has a number of swim programs available for you to participate in throughout the year. Please note that we are NOT a LEARN-TO-SWIM program. All our programs are open to members but it is STRONGLY recommended that you be able to swim at least 100m without stopping and have the aerobic endurance to go further than that.
Swim Program Sign up Policy: You must be a TTC member to swim with the club. Our programs are aligned with the City of Toronto school year, not our Membership year. As a result you
will be required to renew your membership prior to March 31, 2018 to continue swimming until the end of June 2018.
If you are new to our Masters Swim Group, please speak to the coach on Deck about procedures and lane etiquette, but here are some tips to get you started:
- Try to swim in the lane that closest matches your own speed. If in doubt speak to the coach. This may vary week to week.
- Always circle swim in a path that all members of the lane agree upon. If in doubt speak to the coach
- If you must pass, make sure there is no one in the oncoming lane and that the person you are passing is aware. If in doubt wait until the end of the lap or set.
- When you are resting on the wall, make sure to move to the side so that incoming swimmers have room to turn.
- Be respectful of the equipment of others.
- If you are more than five minutes late getting on deck, you may be asked to not participate in the workout. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before to allow yourself time to stretch and get changed.
- If you missed the warm up instructions always speak to the coach prior to getting in the water
There are NO swims on Stat/public holiday's (with the exception of OWS)